Hey! We are scheduled to launch on the lower San Juan on 10//11-16. We are trying to decide whether to stick to the original launch date or try to avoid the weather by booking an upper San Juan for midweek. There are some t-storms forecasted for all day Sunday and then rain Monday & Tuesday. It’s a family float, but the group is pretty tough and fun. We are leaning with sticking with the OG plan. Trying to find an early camp and hunkering down on Sunday. The flows are predicted to shoot up from 800ish to 2300ish on Sunday/ Monday. Then possibly over 3K throughout the week. Thoughts?
You may be fine and you may not. I’m pretty conservative so when I hear about thunderstorms and rain in the desert I really worry about flash floods.
Let us know how it turned out! Weather is always tricky on late in the year trips.
We had a great trip. The water rose and dropped before our eyes, we were able to be super prepared for the high water night. When we got to this camp the boats were at least 2 feet below the cut bank. Came up fast and were floating in where most people put the kitchen. Lots of waterfalls!
2 Likes
Thanks for sharing! Great job with boat tie ups.
1 Like






